Delhi, Capital City of India

 I lived in India for five long years but I never got a chance to visit the capital city of India for various reasons. Nevertheless, on the second month of the year on my way to Amsterdam I had an opportunity to halt at Delhi for three days to process my visa. In this blog I will be writing lessons that I learned from my trip and stay during at Delhi. Before I get into the details of the trip, I should let you [my wonderful and faithful readers] know that I have never traveled in group. I was more of a solo traveler. I love traveling alone as it let me explore places on my own pace. This trip to Delhi involved twelve individuals, including me, so it was a very big group. Now the thing about group traveling is that everything needs to be planned beforehand elaborately with everyone present which at times prolong the planning with one or two persons coming late. Gathering is a big problem and coming to a common understanding is problematic as well. After a lengthy process of planning, when it's time to implement it into action, there is always an executive who turns up majestically late with no hint of guilt and shame for letting rest of the group members wait. Traveling in group can test your patience and teach you to accept individual differences.




But the good thing is whatever happens, there are bunch of people to back up and we can bank onto them for aid as and when necessary. For instance, while we were inside the Netherlands Embassy one of our friends had some problem in reading his fingerprints for bio-metric test and rest of us were supportive and understanding of his problem. I clearly remember how one of us went to help him by taking few tissue rolls to dry his hands to show his fingerprints. Incidents like this makes me feel thankful to be a part of group. The chances of getting lost is also very minimal. And not to forget, the charm to explore the city in group is uniquely refreshing.



In short, Delhi trip made me patient, felt strong bond/sense of belongingness, sink-or-swim attitude, and gratitude.



The area where we put up for the duration of three days was in Manju-ka-tilla, Tibetan Colony. The place looks very similar to that of Bhutan. People looks the same and cuisine is of palatable. I had been feasting on Korean cuisine and I very much miss Sushi and Kumchi here at The Netherlands. I am kind of fed up of having sandwiches within few days over here. And coffee is making me feel pukish [let me take a blame for over-consuming to get over my jetlagged bodily function]. Even now, I am jetlagged FYI.



I always wanted to visit Agra to see Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world, since we were extremely busy with visa processing. Hopefully, I shall get a chance to visit Taj Mahal if I ever come to Delhi in future.



The thing that bothers me the most is ever since I left Bhutan, I didn't read even a page. I have two thick books in my handbag but never got a time to read. It kind of breaks my heart but I think I read more than enough. I am still trying to manage my time well to slot in the break for reading. I feel incomplete without reading. I can't wait for the training to get over and get back to Bhutan so that I can read in peace.



Until then, hoping to make the best use of my stay here at The Netherlands and to learn the most from the training. BTW, Amsterdam is very cold and we have to walk everywhere. I have hardly seen most of the parts of my body for it has been under the thick and warm clothes. Much love from Amsterdam!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Personal Roadmap for Twenty Twenty-Four

Precious: Anecdotes of a Pampered Purr-sonality and Her Influence on My Life

Chaos to Calm: Understanding and Embracing Changes with Elegance and Grace