My Personal Roadmap for Twenty Twenty-Four

"You simply cannot give, what you don't have"
~His Majesty The Druk Gyalpo Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk 

I draw great inspiration from the wise words of His Majesty The Druk Gyalpo Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk; You simply cannot give, what you don't have. As a mentor for thirteen mentees from different programs offered by the college, I want to set a positive role model for them. To be a good role model, I need to be a reflective mentor. 

In picture: my thirteen treasures (mentees) of twenty twenty-four 

A personal roadmap is an effective and efficient tool for quiet introspection. Two years of developing personal roadmaps have taught me the importance of self-reflection in life. The prerequisite of any reflection is to accept weaknesses and transform them into strengths. I am proud to admit that I am a work-in-progress. I take time to plan and develop my personal roadmap as it provides me an opportunity and time to pause, take one step back, reflect, and track the progress of my overall development.  

This will be the second blog on my personal roadmap. I blogged about my first personal roadmap around the same time last year. This time I have added one more component to my personal roadmap, that is, backstory. The backstory is like an introductory prologue to the main narrative of the story. Likewise, I had reflected a brief backstory to each and every goal followed by a well-planned action plan. The timeline is till the end of June 2024 as I would like to reflect on the progress at least once by the mid-year to make necessary changes before proceeding with the same personal roadmap. 

The draft of my personal roadmap was shared with my mentees to get their valuable suggestions and feedback to refine it further. Personally, I strongly believe in learning from my mentees. Each of them is special in terms of their knowledge, competence, skills, abilities, aptitudes, interests, expectations, and the list goes on. I think it is appropriate for me to acknowledge that I am blessed with thirteen different and rich sources of knowledge, attitudes, and skills. Therefore, I am sharing my personal roadmap in the form of a screenshot post refining it in collaboration with my mentees. 







In the process of drafting this blog, I realized that I am one step further in fulfilling the second goal mentioned in my personal roadmap. The moment hit the publish button, I will be left with three more blog posts to be published by June end 2024. Similarly, I would love to achieve the aforementioned four goals and engage in meta-cognition activities like reading, writing, and reflecting regularly. 

Note: If you have made it here; developing your own personal roadmap might end up being one of the most effective and efficient ways to grow as an individual. I would urge you to give it a try! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Precious: Anecdotes of a Pampered Purr-sonality and Her Influence on My Life

Chaos to Calm: Understanding and Embracing Changes with Elegance and Grace