Niece appreciation post


As you complete fantastic five years today I would like to pray for a smooth transition to the next phase of your life. We celebrated your last two birthdays together albeit it wasn’t grand, thanks to pandemic. I am happy for you this year as you get to be with your most beloved grandparents. So, I am making up for not being with you on your sixth birthday by writing this appreciation post dedicated to you and only you. 

My dearest Nyemin, this year is the most special year as you get to start your educational journey. Throughout your educational journey, I want you to wear curiosity like your second skin. Since you possess an inquisitive mind, please make optimal use of it for the right purpose. My wish for you is to be a lifelong learner with an open mind to accept and respect others’ views without silencing your own voice. Don’t let the world silence you.



I never intended to impose my hobbies and interests on you. I don’t want to deny the fact that I was tempted on several occasions to fall in love with words, books, and reading. I have to admit that had I done that to you, I would not be able to live with myself as I have watched you spend half of your waking hours in doodling, drawing, and sketching. It is against my philosophy to deprive you from living the truest form of your life. I wish you lifetime opportunities to hone your innate skills to draw. I want you to know that the world is your canvas, so paint your heart out. 

 

During your two years’ stay with me, I have put you through terrible times. You lost one of the most loving, caring and wonderful souls at such a young age. I feel chills all over my body when I remember the aftermath of a tragic loss as it affected you the most. Given your age, you didn’t have the ability to comprehend the nature, degree, and intensity of an unpleasant event but you developed a phobia of using a ceiling fan at home for several months. Nevertheless, you fondly remember your late aunt Dorji with the biggest smile on your face. And your face lights up in a different way whenever you mention her name. I want you to hold onto good memories with her. I am sure she must be showering you all her love and blessings on your birthday. And she will continue to make you feel loved and cared for in her own unique ways after all, you were her number one fan.




You have the most compassionate heart. Your love for stray dogs and cats were evident in your selfless acts of kindness by feeding them from your share of food. Don’t let the compassion within you go through an untimely death. Keep it alive and care for others, especially the weaker ones, with all your heart. 

I want to thank you for bringing immense joy and happiness into my life. You came to my life when I was at my lowest point of my life. You gave me reason to keep moving forward in life. You taught me to forgive and to move on in life. On your special day, I pray the universe to bless you with abundance of love, strength, and wisdom. May you grow into a person with positive and beautiful spirit.


With love,

Mama.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Personal Roadmap for Twenty Twenty-Four

Precious: Anecdotes of a Pampered Purr-sonality and Her Influence on My Life

Chaos to Calm: Understanding and Embracing Changes with Elegance and Grace