A Day in Paris

 Today is the first day of third decade of my life and what could be the best way to celebrate this grand day than to blog about the day I walked aimlessly around Paris,  one of most romantic cities in the world. My journey to Paris started with a long journey of seven hours of bus ride around midnight and ended in the early chilly morning at the heart of Paris. Since it was my first trip to Paris, I was kind of lost in finding metro to Eiffel Tower so after having English breakfast in cafe, I asked around for the direction and was more confused due to language barrier. Nevertheless, one man saw my confusion on my face, I suppose because he gave me the proper directions to get to metro station and I rushed towards it, he yelled at me, 'don't lost' which I understood as 'don't get lost'. After hopping on the train, I was so amazed and mesmerized by the varied and beautiful architectures. I can still feel the excitement and chill when I think of that exact moment I saw Eiffel Tower. I had been dreaming my whole life to catch a glimpse of the tower and when the fantasy turns into reality, I had difficult time to realize that it is happening. I had to pinch myself several times and blink my eyes uncountable times. The first time I laid my eyes on the magnificent Eiffel Tower I was on the cloud nine. Standing in the long queue with chilly wind giving me Marilyn Monroe moment with every piece of my clothing flying in every direction. But when I was on the top of Eiffel Tower, the wait in cold weather was worth. The whole city of Paris could be seen like tiny town of ants in a very cute way. While I was enjoying the view of Paris from the top, I overheard someone crying and turned around to see a girl sobbing and her boyfriend consoling her. I still wonder whether her cry was of joy of being on the top or out of fright and phobia of height. I was also touched enough to shed few drops of tears but I was busy with appreciating the beauty of the Eiffel Tower and the city of Paris.




After being on the top of Eiffel Tower I went to an open restaurant to have lunch and was being serve by one of most sexiest and handsome French waiter. I flirted a bit with him till I had to drag my arse out of the restaurant. Rest of the afternoon, I walked aimlessly around the city and by the river Seine. The breeze was chilly but it relaxed my nerves but at the same time it made me feel the urge to pee. I wanted to take a break to attend nature's call and landed up drinking wine in one of the open restaurants. As I sipped the red wine I watched beautiful people walking around with their cute dogs. In that moment I could really live in the moment and was grateful of all the things that was happening to me. I wasn't done with the city yet so I roamed around the city and visited few shops but couldn't purchase anything as the main aim of coming to Paris was to explore the city. I was walking and window shopping till my feet ached. I again visited an open bar and ordered a beer and flirted with the handsome waiter for a while. I am still unable to comprehend why the waiters are so fucking good looking.



I was meaning to witness the flickering Eiffel Tower and had to wait for that one minute of beauty while the cold winter tortured each and every bone of my body. When the tower finally flickered, it took my breath away and it was one of the most beautiful things that I have seen in my life. As the flickering light went off, the tower regained its original beauty and with this I walked back to metro station to reach me to bus station which will take me back to Amsterdam.



The trip to Paris was worth the money, time, energy, and pain. The most fascinating thing about Paris is the Eiffel Tower and French men, I tell you French men are the most good looking which left me swooning over them. I had been dying to visit Paris and with my visit, one list from my bucket list is finally ticked. Paris, you are magnificent!



And here are some of the beautiful pictures from my collection.
                                           







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Personal Roadmap for Twenty Twenty-Four

Precious: Anecdotes of a Pampered Purr-sonality and Her Influence on My Life

Chaos to Calm: Understanding and Embracing Changes with Elegance and Grace